jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: resource definition metadata for administered objects

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:31:40 -0700

This is an inconsistency in the way we've defined the component namespaces from
the beginning.

In a war file, all classes share a single component namespace.

In an ejb-jar file, each EJB component gets its own component namespace.

We talked about this when we introduced the new java:module namespace in EE 6
and decided not to "fix" it.