jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Java EE 7 Web Profile draft

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 22:49:41 +0100

Hi all,

All sounds great I just have a few comments :

* Are we sure we want the Web Profil and EE version to always be the same ?
I remember the version of the first proposed final draft (pfd) of the first
Web Profile was 1.0 and then the public draft was 6.0. Today the version is
7.0. We could have had a 1.1 coming earlier than the EE spec no ? Just a
thought. Sticking to the same versioning gives us less flexibility
* A silly question. By taking the Expression Language out of JSP to its own
spec, does this change the version of JSP ? Shouldn't it be JSP 2.*3* and
EL 3.0 (instead of JSP 2.2) ?
* Do we have any plans to update the Commons Annotation spec ? I can't
think of anything now but in the spec it's still written 1.1

Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion