jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: security manager requirements in Java EE

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 11:43:33 -0800

I'm certainly not taking this personally.

It's just that you all have said you want the direction of the Java
platform to be defined by experts in the community, not by Oracle
alone. We're looking for participants in this process, not just
critics who complain when they see something they don't like.

When we're done, I'd like you all to be able to stand up and say
*we* did this, we did it for this reason, we did the best job we
could, and we're proud of what we did.

And likewise, I'm not addressing these comments at you (Jeff)
personally, nor anyone else in particular. It's just that I'd
like to see greater participation *in general*.

Thanks.