jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Due date for Java EE 7

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:20:55 -0800

Antonio, your question is very timely. We've recently completed
a planning exercise for all of our upcoming work on GlassFish,
including the Java EE 7 RI and TCK work. Based on the resources
we have available, our prioritization of the work to be done,
and the current state of the various Java EE specifications, it's
clear that the original dates are no longer achievable.

We believe that an end date of late Q1 or early Q2, 2013, is more
realistic. We plan to have a mostly complete preview release of the
implementation available in time for JavaOne. We'd like to see all
Java EE 7 specifications at the Public Review stage by this time,
and the implementations in sync with those specifications. This should
give us time to get some real developer feedback and react to it before
the final release.

We'll provide a more detailed schedule with milestones for the
GlassFish 4.0 reference implementation release soon at this URL:
https://wikis.oracle.com/display/GlassFish/PlanForGlassFish4.0