jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Servlet Profile (was JAX-RS and the Web Profile)

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:59:17 +0100

I guess the "at this time" is what I'd be able to agree and live with, too.
However, Java 8 with modularity as proposed and drafted so far will mean,
there have to be much finer grained "Profiles" not just for EE.
And compatibility shall be driven by a proper dependency tree, but not
impose overhead of useless modules.

If somebody won't use JSP, but JSF or Spring instead, they shall not carry
the burden of JSP, unless they use a module or library dependent on it.
And if they just use SOAP, JAX-RS may also not be required and vice versa.

Werner