jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Templating

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:51:24 +0100

Hi everybody,

Some new specs are on the way (Batch, JSon...) and I was wondering if
something was happening in terms of templating ? Not much effort has been
put into JSPs, JSF is a web framework... so what do we use for templating ?
Velocity is way too old, not integrated into Java EE (like other frameworks
such as FreeMaker). Where do we stand ? What is the futur of JSP ? Leave it
or make it evolve to become a proper templating specification (now that EL
is evolving in a separate spec) ? A new spec ?

Does anybody have some information about that ?

Thanks,

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion