jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: WebContainer API on Servlets

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:59:03 -0800

We have a more general "embeddable" API for GlassFish as well.
It's gone through several iterations. I'm not sure it's yet
sufficient to cover all the use cases we have in mind, but
fleshing out the API to cover all those cases is *a lot* of
work. And it's something that benefits greatly from experience,
which we don't have a lot of yet.

Bottom line - I think this is interesting, but more work than
we can consider for this release.