jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

From: <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:31:57 +0000 (GMT)
It's basically a bug I think -- we implemented what you are looking for in Resin. I think the Java EE platform spec is pretty clear about @DataSourceDefinition on plain managed beans, Servlets, EJB.

Jan 6, 2012 03:05:45 AM, jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net wrote:
Hi all,

I just came accross a limitation (bug) of GlassFish : adding a @DataSourceDefinition on a CDI bean doesn't work in an embedded environment (http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/invalid-resource-datasource-embedded-mode). I had to put it in the EJB to make it work.

Why do I use  @DataSourceDefinition on a CDI bean instead of an EJB ? Because I thought I could use alternatives (i.e. defining several data sources depending on the environment). But this doesn't work in CDI 1.0 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-53).

Alternatives should work on definitions, don't you think ? In other specs, are you aware of other kind of definitions (I know that JMS 2.0 will bring similar features with @JMSConnectionFactoryDefinition and @JMSDestinationDefinition) ? If yes, we should encourage the spec leads to use similar behavior.

My 2 cents

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterBlog | LinkedInParis JUG