jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Java Social

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 02:35:03 +0200

Dear Experts,

As mentioned, several JCP Members already active in the domain and other
interested parties, e.g. involved in Open Social have started to fine-tune
the proposal draft for a Social Media JSR.

We got a Google Group/Mailing List:
https://groups.google.com/group/java-social

Also a GitHub group:
https://github.com/java-social

Although it was initially brought up in the Java ME EC and parts may remain
portable for a time beyond Java 8 and Modularity, the technologies involved
like CDI, JSON, JAX-RS or Java Identity mean, it is in the scope of SE and
even more EE to start with.

The mentioned ME connection, Mobile and Embedded projects and customers and
the aim towards a more modular and unified JCP at least by the time Java SE
8 and EE 8 are to be expected, and to help with some of the challenges like
Sensors for Java 8 (I hope a JSR for that may also be filed some day soon
enough to make it in time?[?]) not to mention JCP.next I decided to run for
ME EC in the current election.

Those who haven't voted, please consider doing so. I'd be more than happy to
help JCP.next further, especially areas like "Hybrid" JSRs for other (JVM)
languages, where the 321 EG and Spec actually set a pioneering example by
having an EU project for TPMs implement our Java Spec in C/C++.

Cheers,
Werner

35F.gif
(image/gif attachment: 35F.gif)