jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Modularity in Java EE 7

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 02:42:19 +0200

The Cloud could be among cases, where at least platform or vendor-related
features may require finer grained optionality.
Nothing existing for most parts, so it's not like deprecating.

If parts of let's say Bean Validation were not to be optional, then
introducing a similar paradigm (an annotation to control whether a value may
be null or not) in a different place should be handled with even greater
care.
As introducing new redundancy or ambiguous annotations like "NonNull" vs.
"NotNull" would create even greater confusion.