jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: resource configuration

From: Kristoffer Sjögren <stoffe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:25:40 +0200

Sorry about the format, i just change my email to the mailing list and does
not have the email history. Anyway...

Reza:
Comments on your (Linda) notes:
* What happens upon failure to satisfy the requested resources? Does the
application fail to deploy or is there run-time failure?
- There should be a deployment failure - basically the "fail fast"
principle.

Werner:
That's a good point, especially if configuration may even be backed by a DB
like the cases Adam just mentioned.
Falling back to default would in such case only make sense, if every single
configuration is also stored like that or exists on a file basis.

Kristoffer:
Im not sure I agree that this is the fail-fast route. I believe a change
should be validated and rejected immediately at commit-time, i.e.
javax.transaction.Synchronization.beforeCompletion(). I have a hard time
understanding why I need to repackage+redeploy my application in order
validate that a configuration change was correct, or?