jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: Support for the Platform as a Service model

From: Reza Rahman <reza_rahman_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:44:18 -0400

Bill,

For what it is worth, I agree with you that some of this looks like it
is putting the horse before the cart :-). I'd like to see the existing
developer APIs improve first and perhaps a basic outline of resource
layer multi-tenancy before adding too many new APIs geared towards PaaS
vendors. I think in the interim, JSR-88 and JSR-77 are the way go to
even if they are less than ideal, maybe augmented by vendor-specific
server APIs.

Cheers,
Reza