jsr342-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr342-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: Staging (was Re: Configuration)

From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:01:44 +0200

We know Jetty & Tomcat are not Java EE products, but that's what many people
use out there. The good thing with Java EE 6 is that you can add bits &
pieces to Servlet containers (JPA, Bean Validation, CDI, JAX-RS) without
having the full EE. I would like Java EE 7 to be a jigsaw puzzle so we could
use only pieces to existing non-full-EE project. JNDI is a drag in those
case. Most of my customers develop under Tomcat, test under Tomcat... and
then go to production on Websphere or Weblogic. If we need JNDI for
TEST, DEVELOPMENT
and even some INTEGRATION environment that use Tomcat (or Jetty), then it
will be useless for most of these project.

I still think that configuration shouldn't depend on JNDI

My 2 cents
Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves