users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr366-experts] Java EE Security API

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:44:58 +0200

+1

Security is important and too often ignored, so making 375 available in the
"smallest" Profile available is a must have IMO.

About download figures, I found Bintray especially helpful if used
properly. Security API and Soteria are made available with full download
stats.

I know Apache itself is not so helpful. I raised it at ApacheCon but heard,
they could not do it because of mirrors. Whether Bintray includes downloads
via Mavencentral or not I can't tell, but even if it was combined, the
rejected "legacy" JSR275 has more than what we heard from Deltaspike.

The Most popular Eclipse projects in MarketPlace have 30-40k downloads per
Month, so should E.g. Microprofile Parts or custom implementations be there
it was easy to tell which are popular and which are less

Werner