users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Comments on Current Spec Content (take 3)

From: Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 21:15:42 +0000

I like sec-api or similar better than using the JSR number. This JSR will
probably be followed by another for Security API 2.0 and will most likely
be based on the same code base and continue using the same repo.

Ivar

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 10:05 PM Will Hopkins <will.hopkins_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> The GitHub repo can be renamed any time (i.e., after java.net goes away).
>
> The migration plan is not yet definite, but I believe it will involve
> moving repos to GitHub, under a Java EE organization. I thought we could
> rename the repo at that time (since there would no longer be a need to sync
> with java.net).
>
> If you like jsr375-api better, I can rename it now. I also thought of
> sec-api. If so, I'll probably rename the spec as well, for consistency
> (i.e., jsr375-spec).
>
> Let me know what you think.
>

> On 02/06/2017 03:43 PM, Werner Keil wrote:
>
> Will java.net now be around after late April???
>
> Otherwise not sure, why naming around some strange behavior of a dying
> platform would be necessary?
>
> We could keep a temporary "hack" of "api-code" (unless someone came up
> with a much better name now ("jsr-api" maybe or "security-api") and change
> it later assuming java.net goes away as planned and is not prolonged now?
>
> Nailing it to this particular JSR number (similar to JSR 354) "jsr375-api"
> would also be another option.
>
> Regards,
> Werner
>

> --
> Will Hopkins | Platform Security Architect | +1.781.442.0310 <(781)%20442-0310>
> Oracle Cloud Application Foundation
> 35 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
>
> --

Java Champion, JCP EC/EG Member, JUG Leader