users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Changes to management of GitHup organization and repositories

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 22:53:24 +0100

Will,

Thanks a lot for the message and outlining proposed changes.

Right now, the 3 owners of the Github organization are David Blevins (he
has not been very active here for some time), Arjan and Alex, so either of
them should be able to help you or add you with the necessary credentials
(ideally make you owner)

https://github.com/orgs/javaee-security-spec/teams
shows there is a single team with everyone in it at the moment.

At least 2 or 3 teams seem advisable. One for EG members. If those with
admin rights can also be handled via a team (I remember we did in JSR 354
or 363) it seems a good idea to have an admin team.

Whether additional teams e.g. for the RI makes sense, hard to say. If there
are those who are not in the EG but say signed the OCA, it could help to
have a group/team for these participants, too. Most others probably would
work via PR and judgement by those with push/merge rights.

I am happy to help e.g. via the admin team/role, given I did that for a few
other JSRs, 354, 363 or to some extent also more recently when Dmitry took
the Spec Lead role of JSR 374.

Btw. maybe since at least EG Members Ivar, myself and David (Tomitribe)
should be in London at the EC F2F on Jan 10/11 we could also do a conf call
with Will, Alex or others (e.g. Ed) during that meeting?

Kind Regards,
Werner