users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Add OAuth2 and/or OpenID Connect Support to JSR-375?

From: Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 17:21:13 +0000

Hi,

I haven't seen the survey results yet, but if Oauth/OpenID Connect is
ranked third there I really think we should try to fit it into JSR375. As
you say, these are widely adopted technologies that Java EE should provide
good support for.

There is also the aspect of respecting the community survey and regaining
some of the trust lost the last year. If we choose to leave Oauth/OpenID
Connect to JSR-Next, we should be prepared for a great deal of negative
response in terms of "*...they're ignoring the community again...*" etc.

To sum up, I am all for including Oauth/OpenID Connect in JSR 375, thus
doing it sooner rather than later.

Ivar