users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Multi IdentityStore proposal

From: Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:10:11 +0200

All,

*partialValidationResult* -> I was also not completely happy with the
solution, but I believe we need feedback of the current status within the
IdentityStore.

For example
- When a Store does only authorization, it needs to know if the
authentication was already successful and what the callerPrincipal is
(because it will be used to determine the authorization info)
- When multiple stores can do the authentication, the second store should
not set the result to INVALID when the first already verified the
credentials successfully.
- etc ...

So IdentityStore needs status and CallerPrincipal, which is almost all the
things within CredentialValidationResult.
The use of the constructor was to keep the CredentialValidationResult as an
unmodifiable entity as it was before. (and should be so that the info can't
be modified easily afterward.)

Only pass Status and CallerPrincipal as parameters, keep this solution or
someone another idea?

*Regarding Annotated / All discovery*

When in annotated mode, only beans with a scope are considered. So when we
introduce @IdentityStore, it needs to be a scope or it needs to be
recognized by the CDI extension and registered 'manually'
And we need to veto the normal procedure because otherwise the bean gets
defined as CDI (because fulfills all requirements) and will be added by CDI
extension.

When we don't define @IdentityStore, the developer can always annotate his
own implementations of the IdentityStore with @RequestScoped or
@ApplicationScoped when he is using the annotated mode.