users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Started "What's new in" page for JSR 375

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 16:48:01 +0100

Hi,

Just started a "What's new in" page for the Java EE security API at:

http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/p/whats-new-in-java-ee-security-api-10.html

It now only contains the identity stores, but I plan to expand it soon with
the authentication mechanism section.

One thing it made me realize is that there's quite a lot of work to do
still only to polish the simple identity store and authentication mechanism
+ default implementations. At the current pace I wonder if we can even get
to the other epics.

One specific thing I mentioned earlier is the LdapIdentityStore that still
needs to be expanded. I think it's best here to look at any of the at least
7 existing implementations and make sure we have most of the attributes
those have.

If we still feel our LdapIdentityStore needs to be even more powerful after
that we could look into standardizing base classes and/or pluggable
strategies, but for now I think we should first look into a reasonable set
of standard attributes.

Anyway please take a look at the page and let me know if anything can be
improved.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms