users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: 1-TerminologyAuthInteractionVsStore ACTION: cast vote

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 17:08:32 +0200

PicketLink calls it PermissionStore. I could think of variations including
SecurityStore (just Store seems a bit too wide)
but PermissionStore sounds fine to me.

Regards,
Werner

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Darran Lofthouse <
darran.lofthouse_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> Looks like I replied but did not vote ;-)
>
> My vote would be Realm or Identity Store.
>
> Whilst I agree it's first use will be authentication I think it has the
> potential to be widely referenced after authentication.
>
> Regards,
> Darran Lofthouse.
>

> On 09/04/15 15:24, arjan tijms wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We now have 4 votes:
>>
>> David Blevins: Store
>> Arjan Tijms: Authentication Store
>> Alex Kosowski: Authentication Store / Identity Store
>> Rudy De Busscher: Security Provider
>>
>> No other people have voted yet, although there have been some
>> additional comments.
>>
>> Based on this, shall we establish "authentication store" as the
>> working term? Just so we all know what we're talking about. The final
>> term can be something else still.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Arjan
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:13 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 10:32 PM, Alex Kosowski <
>>> alex.kosowski_at_oracle.com>

>>> I could absolutely see that working as well, sure. In terminology it has
>>> some connection with a JSR that was started some time ago, the Java
>>> Identity
>>> API (JSR 351), and with the term "authenticated identity" (the more