users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: Sec Spec Spike

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:22:52 +0200

Hi,

I have not looked into Undertow in such detail, but I take it's an
evolution to PicketLink somewhat similar to e.g. Agorava evolved from
original Seam Social (taking many of its ideas and adding other new ones,
e.g. what was discussed for a possible Social JSR that didn't get approval
here)

Shane and Boleslaw represent(ed) Red Hat in JSR 351. The focus there is
more along the lines of SSO. These days JSR 351 is preparing for a Renewal
Ballot as I mentioned a bit earlier, the jcp.next deadlines often are more
strict than release plans and road maps of Umbrella JSRs like EE 8.
Though having a vote in the EC, I can't predict the outcome, but if the
Spec Leads can outline how a possible synergy between this JSR and 351
might work, I guess it could pass. Otherwise relevant aspects would
probably be left for this JSR entirely.

Regards,
Werner