users@javaee-security-spec.java.net

[javaee-security-spec users] [jsr375-experts] Re: [javaee-security-proposals] add a proposal for a SecurityBindingType (#6)

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:36:41 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg_at_yahoo.de> wrote:

> The SecurityBindingType is neither Role nor Permission based actually. It
> allows for a flexible integration on whatever level your company needs. In
> fact I basically almost always had a mixture of roles and permissions to
> check for. Often they are also tenant specific! And sometimes there are
> multiple AND vs OR requirements as well.
> So it basically boils down to being a VERY company and business related
> topic. And this is what is really the strength of this approach. It allows
> to add any payload you like to your security annotation. Much like with
> Interceptor annotations can get any payload you like.

I sounds good ;)

How do you propose to position such annotation relative to (CDI based)
@RolesAllowed and (EL based) @EvaluateSecured?

And how would we explain to users the benefit of this annotation vs a
"regular" Interceptor annotation, where as you mentioned users can already
provide any payload they like (which therefor can be security related as
well in a way that's totally application specific)?

Note, this is no criticism, just wondering how to fit this into the larger
picture.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms