[jsr375-experts] Re: Integration example identity store with 3th party libs

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:04:08 +0100

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> but it is not the core task of the EG to ensure every container or
>> framework out there supports it as Arjan said.
>
> I Agree, and like Arjan said, we shouldn't make compatibility a core
> requirement.
>
> But since there are a lot of frameworks out there today performing
> security, and probably most of the developers are using them (instead of
> the standards of today), it will ease the adaption if our API can be
> integrated in those frameworks.

That's certainly something to look at once the standard is established, but
not at this stage, otherwise it may never get there;-)

Looking e.g. at JSRs like 354, once it was out, integration with other JSRs
by the community started, e.g. Zalando now has both JSON support (with
Jackson, the JSON-B JSR is also still in the EE 8 pipeline) or Bean
Validation.

It's certainly a good idea to show some popular ones, e.g. the mentioned
Apache Shiro. Could be an interesting topic for an ApacheCon next year...

Werner