[jsr375-experts] Re: JSR 375 Next Steps

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 16:34:37 +0100

It's a little weird to have it on Santiago's own personal GitHub user (with
that respect we're a bit better off;-) but having activity at all sounds
like a good idea.
Most projects including JSR 351 (with "Nobis" as RI, though there has not
been much going on with that either) create some kind of codename. For JSR
354 we used "Moneta", guess 107 or 363 (where on the other hand several
unique package and groupId names like "tec.units" or "si.uom" are distinct
from almost every other IT or Open Source project;-D) are few cases of
recent JSRs with no "catchy" name for the RI. The ME and Embedded world
however did not have much of that either, in most cases (JSRs 360/61) the
whole RI is not even Open Source;-)

Maybe we could do a survey or doodle for name proposals.
2 spring to mind also taking 351's "Nobis" ("Us" in Latin, so it's related
to Identity;-) as inspiration.
"Securitas" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securitas, a Roman deity of
security and safety (though there are of course at least 2 companies by
that name, one in Sweden, the other here in Switzerland)
"Soteria" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soteria_(mythology), Greek godess
of safety and preservation from harm.

Kind Regards,
Werner