[jsr375-experts] Re: Devoxx BE feedback

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 22:54:41 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Rudy De Busscher <rdebusscher_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> @All,
>
> Just want to add one additional thing.
>
> There was a question about adding 'metadata' of the logged in user (like
> department, affiliate, ...) so that it can be used to determine if the
> user/caller is allowed to execute the specified action.

That's a bit in the domain of JSR 351, isn't it?

The default way of sorts to do this now I think is by using a custom
principal that has properties for this metadata. JASPIC already supports
setting a custom principal. See
https://github.com/javaee-samples/javaee7-samples/blob/master/jaspic/custom-principal/src/main/java/org/javaee7/jaspic/customprincipal/sam/TestServerAuthModule.java#L58

A custom principal would play well with EL, as the exact type doesn't have
to be known there.

E.g.

@EvaluateSecured("callerPrincipal.department == 'finance'")

We do have to discuss I believe how to support a custom principal with the
identity store interface. Perhaps an extra property on the return value of
the validate() method that takes precedence if not null?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms