[jsr375-experts] Re: JSR 351 Identity API Status?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:32:05 +0100

Ron/all

You may have heard, that except for JSR 350 (State Management which also
failed to produce an EDR or similar notable output) all renewal or other
ballots passed this week. Including 351. Some notable concers raised were
available resources and time of the Spec Leads. Even a few who voted "Yes"
or abstained mentioned a possible "Open Source PoC" could be better.

Looking at possible synergies for JSR 375 especially some sort of
"attribute sub-system" among other areas that 351 may provide to 375 or
other Security frameworks, would it be possible to communicate between both
JSRs and Spec Leads, especially since all of you work for Oracle after all,
it should make it even a bit easier.

Being fairly Maven enabled and on Git already, I guess Nobis could also be
of use to some of the JSR 375 Security Proposals and vice versa.
I noticed, the Nobis wiki https://java.net/projects/nobis/pages/Home still
said it's licensed under Apache 2.0, but POMs pretty much all look like
Glassfish ones, so that must be some legacy intent (before e.g. Jim and
Oracle Legal started to oppose Apache, especially for platform relevant
JSRs;-)

Regards,

Werner