[jsr375-experts] Re: [javaee-security-spec users] JavaOne San Francisco?

From: Werner Keil <werner.keil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:03:43 +0100

Actually at JavaOne I believe there's a certain level of freedom about
that. E.g. I did a BOF/panel (created it as BOF, but added at least 2
co-speakers so it was more like a panel) on Bitcoin. And all co-presenters
were eligable of a full conference pass:
https://java.net/projects/javamoney/lists/jcurrency_mail/archive/2014-08/message/19
Only Michael had to request it through the session (as I was in the EC and
Anatole had at least one other talk) but I believe we all had received one
if we had no other source.

So for 2 maybe 3 or so EG Members joining Alex as official speakers if the
BOF is accepted could bag you a conference pass. I am happy to leave that
to others since I am on the EC and get a ticket in any case even without a
talk;-) Please check with Alex, I remember Oracle for panels has a slightly
greater freedom, but maybe 4 or 5 people in that case have to be all Oracle
employees, not EG members from other companies or Individuals. Between 2
and maybe a few more EG Members (who needed it) could join such a session
as official speakers/panelists I assume.

Werner