users@jaspic-spec.java.net

Re: Update deployment model for container-side artifacts?

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:36:36 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Ron Monzillo <ron.monzillo_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> that said, can we be sure that the CDI environment, or at least its Bean
> Manager will
> be functional at the time the policy provider needs to access the role
> mapping?

This will likely be the main challenge. CDI itself initializes very early,
at least before servlet context listeners are invoked since they can be
injected by CDI.

Ordering issues are not uncommon though, and in the JPA spec some complex
issues have indeed arisen.

Still, the role mapper may only really be needed in practice when the
policy configuration commits, and that's likely late enough. For the
delegation to an app provided policy configuration and policy things may
need to be available earlier, and appropriate scopes need to be active and
such.

Probably best is to just try what works now and when it doesn't work see
where the issues are and work with the other specs to see what can be done
about it.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms