users@hk2.java.net

HK2 2.3.0-b10 released!

From: john wells <john.wells_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:06:35 -0400

A new version of HK2 has been released, version HK2 2.3.0-b10.

This release has several enhancements and some bug fixes in. For a
complete list of bugs and enhancements in this release see this query:

https://java.net/jira/browse/HK2-219?jql=project%20%3D%20HK2%20AND%20resolved%20%3E%3D%202014-06-15%20AND%20resolved%20%3C%3D%202014-07-25

Here are highlights:

1. We now provide modules for our hk2 provided services. For example:
https://hk2.java.net/2.3.0-b10/apidocs/org/glassfish/hk2/utilities/ImmediateScopeModule.html

2. In order to allow interceptors to pass data amongst themselves, the
parameter passed to the constructor and method invoker calls now
implement HK2Invocation:
https://hk2.java.net/2.3.0-b10/apidocs/org/glassfish/hk2/api/HK2Invocation.html

Another feature that has been added is hk2-collections-tests, which is a
suite of tests for collections, making sure that they work like the
javadoc says that they should work. If interested, see this package:

https://hk2.java.net/2.3.0-b10/apidocs/org/glassfish/hk2/testing/collections/package-summary.html

We are also working on the new hk2 configuration subsystem. If you
would like to try it out, here is a page for it:

https://hk2.java.net/2.3.0-b10/configuration.html

and here is an example:

https://hk2.java.net/2.3.0-b10/configuration-example.html

This feature is not considered fully "cooked" yet, so it is not linked
into the main pages of hk2 directly. But you can still give it a try
and give feedback if you'd like...

John Wells
john.wells_at_oracle.comNOSPAM