users@grizzly.java.net

Read Timeout and Port unifcation

From: vetti07 <vetti07_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 05:18:40 -0700 (MST)

Hi,
   I'm using Grizzly Port unification for using same port for both http and
a tcp service. I have created the http server using
GrizzlyHttpServerFactory.createHttpServer(...). then registering an add on
for TCP Protocol finder/filters. My TCP service has Two filters.

In one of my filter in handleRead() method I set the timeout as 10 seconds
using ctx.getConnection().setReadTimeout(10, TimeUnit.SECONDS) and doing
cxt.read() in a loop (cxt is the FilterChainContext). The idea was to keep
reading data from client till it closes the connection. I'm facing two
issues with this

1. cxt.read() is not timing out(Even after 30 mins )
2. In filter I have overridden handleClose() method which is never getting
invoked. I tried using CloseListener which is working fine. Not sure why
handleClose method on the filters are not invoked.

Thanks
ashok