users@grizzly.java.net

Lower case headers

From: Ana Laura Felisatti <anafelisatti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:42:17 -0300

Hi.

We've been using Grizzly for a while now in a project but some concerns
have come up regarding how the headers are processed. In short, we see no
way of accessing the original request header names in terms of case: if we
send "MYHeaDEr=bla" then what we'll see in the server side is
"myheader=bla".

I've tracked the behavior down to
org.glassfish.grizzly.http.HttpCodecFilter#parseHeaderName. I'm guessing
there could be performance reasons for that perhaps and I know that headers
are case insensitive so it shouldn't really matter but I'd like to know
whether this can be done somehow and if not why.

Thanks,

--
A. Felisatti