users@grizzly.java.net

Error in Form-Parameter conversion

From: André Wallat <andre.wallat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:45:28 +0200

Hello,

I came across a strange error when I access my server from the iPad browser
Safari. Most of the times the first character of the first form parameter
is removed, so instead of "username" the parameter "sername" is received in
my ContainerRequestFilter. All the other parameters are fine. Other
browsers like Chrome, Firefox and even Android worked okay.

Any ideas? Maybe someone can open up an issue for this?

Here a bit more detailed scenario:
I send a post request with jQuery (v1.10.2) to my server after I access my
website the first time. I think here it even works to transmit/convert the
form parameter correctly, but when I submit the data a second time, then
the first form parameter is losing its first character. My website is a
single-page-app created with AngularJS.
With firefox light I could check the POST-request and the submitted
parameters were correct. So it has to be an error in grizzly!?

My workaround so far is to add a dummy-Parameter as the first parameter, so
that the other parameters stay okay.

Client: Safari iOS iPad 6.1.3
Server: Grizzly 2.3.5

Cheers,