users@grizzly.java.net

onmessage not invoked when using grizzly-websockets

From: pford68 <pford68_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:32:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I'm seeing some strange behavior when using grizzly-websockets, both
in 2.1 and in 1.9.x, in Glassfish 3.1. (I should add that I am new to using
web sockets.) When I call send() on the client side, the onmessage() method
on the server side is not invoked. I see this same behavior in an example
app for version 1.9.x at (VideoSharing at
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/spericas/archive/2010/09/29/web-sockets-and-html5-glassfish).
If I put a breakpoint, for example, at the beginning of onmessage() in the
WebSocketapplication subclass, the breakpoint is never hit. Curiously at
this points, I seem to be able to exchange data between browsers despite
apparently not entering any code in my WebSocketapplication subclass.

Furthermore, I frequently see that createSocket(), in the
WebSocketApplication, in not invoked when a new WebSocket is created on the
client side. I did register the app within a servlet, and the client-side
WebSockets point to that servlet URL, with a "ws" protocol.

Can anyone shed any light on how to invoke the server-side code?