users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Nullpointer in Comet

From: FredrikJ <fredrik_at_robotsociety.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:36:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jeanfrancois Arcand-2 wrote:

> Salut,
>
> which version are you using?
>
> Depending on the version you are using, can you try synchronizing the
> onEvent? Do you think you can send me a test case?
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Jeanfrancois

Sorry, I forgot to put in the version =)
I am using Glassfish 2.1 with the default bundled Grizzly.

I do not think I can write a testcase that will deterministically reproduce
the problem. It only occurs intermittent under load, so for maybe 1000
requests we get 10 of these errors in the log. Which makes me suspect a
concurrency problem...

I can make a testrun with synchronized for onEvent to see what happens, but
it will not be a workable solution for the end product...