users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Should I use Grizzly 2.0 or 1.x for a a release several months out?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:16:28 -0400

Salut,

falcon wrote:
> I have a side project I'm planning and it won't see production for several
> months (if ever). I'm not sure what state Grizzly NIO framework 2.0 is in.
> Is it at a point where I can start to use it and expect it to be production
> ready in a couple of months?

Grizzly 2.0 is planned to arrive late July or early August. Right now
the API and more and more stable so I would give it a try now. That way
you can influence the design if you found issue or if you don't like API
etc.

> Also, is better documentation coming soon? ;)

Trust me 2.0 will be released *with* a tutorial. We have learned our
lesson :-)

A+

- Jeanfrancois