users@grizzly.java.net

Re: grizzly-comet-webserver gets stuck sometime while processing request

From: Bongjae Chang <carryel_at_korea.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:14:35 +0900

Hi,

When I tested it with various situations, I could meet some strange behavior.

When I used the read thread count which was not 0, processing request was very slow. For a while, it seemed getting stuck, but it always was released.

At first, I thought that the behavior was normal. But when I set the read thread count to be 0, I could know that processing request is very quick.

So,
1. Could you please test it again with "-Dcom.sun.grizzly.maxSelectorReadThread=0" ?

2. And is your problem that processing request is slow or the page gets stuck and it is never released?

It seems that it is not important the number of the read thread count if it is not 0 because I can always meet the symptom with setting the read thread count to be even 1.

And the number of worker threads is not also important because it can see that the number has changed adequately. But it is not sure.

So I am also debugging it in order to know why the page is slow when I set the read thread count to be even 1.

Thanks.

--
Bongjae Chang