users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Problems with pipelining requests

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:06:43 -0500

Salut,

Patrick Julien wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Oleksiy Stashok
> <Oleksiy.Stashok_at_sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> can you pls. try to reproduce the same issue with Java SE Sockets and send
>> me the testcase?
>
> I can, but if I would just know how to enable logging in the embedded
> copy of grizzly, that would help too.
>

>> One more question... By pipelining you mean, that you send 10 HTTP requests
>> in a row and only then start to listen for responses?
>
> Correct, as in HTTP 1.1 pipelining
>
>> Did you try usual request-response strategy? Does it work?
>>

> Yes, it was like this before and yes it does. Furthermore, I can
> correctly use the same connection for multiple requests just as long
> as I read the response before sending another request, I currently
> have no need to close the socket at all.

Just to be sure, is it a regression? Grizzly 1.0 doesn't supports HTTP
Pipelining so unless you read the body, grizzly will blocks waiting for
that body to be read until the next request gets parsed.

Comet could be used as that one support http pipelining, although I
suspect we might have issues.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois