users@grizzly.java.net

Re: Project Grizzly Meeting Agenda (November 12, 2008)

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:48:41 -0800

Oleksiy Stashok wrote:
> I have this from Ken:
>
> The current released version is at:
>
> https://kenai.com/hg/gf-corba-v3-mirror~jmxannotations
>
> There's not much in the way of documentation yet, besides JavaDocs and
> a couple of presentations. If anyone wants to play with this, just do
>
> hg clone https://kenai.com/hg/gf-corba-v3-mirror~jmxannotations <your
> local directory>
>
> and then use NetBeans to build the project.

Also note that the APIs for JMXA are still somewhat unstable. I'll be
pushing some
changes soon to the ManagedObjectManagerFactory.create and
ManagedObjectManager.register APIs in particular.

For now, if you need to get notifications of changes to JMXA, please go
to the
glassfish corba project at

http://kenai.com/projects/gf-corba-v3-mirror/lists

and join the commits_at_gf-corba-v3-mirror.kenai.com mailing list.
This will also give you CORBA related commits, but the emails for
JMXA have [jmxannotations] in the subject, so it's easy to filter.
You'll need to create a Kenai account and login first. If you
already have a Sun Developer Network account, that SHOULD work
on Kenai.

I am working on getting a JMXA project started, but I'm still trying to
get an approved name in order to create the project on Kenai.
Once I do that, I'll start using everything on Kenai to track the project.
The name will likely change, possibly to "Jify".

I am also writing a functional spec, and that will be available early
next month
somewhere in the project. If I can figure out how, I'll also provide a
direct
link to the functional spec and javadocs from the project home page.

Ken.