users@grizzly.java.net

[ANN] Announcing the Dynamic Mashup Server

From: ALT Mobile DEV <dev_at_altmobile.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:09:52 -0500

To commemorate Grizzly's open source birthday, I just announced the
<alt> Dynamic Mashup Server on the company blog. Truth be told, we
launched the blog just for Grizzly :-)

The blog can be found at: http://web.mac.com/altmobile/

--Zaid

ALT Mobile

http://altmobile.com/Home.html

---
Dynamic Mashup Server Debuts
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
We are pleased to announce the <alt> Dynamic Mashup Server. Built to
support internet scale amalgamation of web content, the Dynamic Mashup
Server is the industry’s first Comet enabled mash-up server.
Implementing all of the major AJAX and Comet technologies such as XHR
multipart, forever frame, XHR streaming, and forever script;  the
Dynamic Mashup Server supports HTTP Streaming to desktop browsers as
well as Safari on iPhone. Single-site browsers (SSB) such as Mozilla's
Prism  and widget platforms such as Opera Widgets, Microsoft Vista
Sidebar Gadgets, and Mac OS X Dashboard are also supported clients.
Comet services are provided through a custom version of Sun's Grizzly
web server technology.
Other cool features of the Dynamic Mashup Server include RSS mash-up
feed generation and text-to-speech output to support visually impaired
user access.
Implemented to run on 64-bit Java Virtual Machines, the Dynamic Mashup
Server integrates into our virtual Web 2.0 containers which provide
isolated access and execution of remote web content ensuring that mash-
up clients are protected from potentially harmful HTML and JavaScript.
Mash-up isolation is also necessary to avoid XSS attacks.
The perfect companion to our Web 2.0 developer tools, the Dynamic
Mashup Server supports mash-up RDF meta models which provide a
realistic implementation of the semantic web.
The <alt> Dynamic Mashup Server will be available in Q2 of this year.
###