users@grizzly.java.net

newbie question

From: Ukyo Virgden <ukyovirgden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:34:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm a total newbie on Grizzly. After having experienced NIO
complexities first hand, I've decided to give Grizzly a try.

My requirements are simple. I need to develop a simple TCP server
which a couple of clients will connect and send XML documents of size
2-4K as fast as possible.

For simplicity I'm thinking about developing a connection based
protocol where each client identifies itself, starts sending XML
documents, and after the last document, closes the connection.

My questions are
1/ Is possible to easily implement this in Grizzly?
2/ How do I start? The download page contains LOTS of directories.
3/ Are the any examples?
4/ I'm using netbeans for development but I don't prefer uing maven.
What would be the best way to stat developing with Grizzly in
netbeans. I'd like to be able to access javadocs within netbeans

Thanks a lot.

Ukyo