dev@grizzly.java.net

grizzly-sendfile update

From: Igor Minar <iiminar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:52:01 -0700

Hi there,

In the last week or so I finally had time to get some work done on
grizzly-sendfile. I now have everything but one feature implemented.
The last missing piece is SSL support.

JFA pointed me to some code within grizzly that deals with SSL. After
having a look at this code, I'm having two issues:

#1 - when I try to obtain SSLEngine in my async filter via
"((WorkerThread)Thread.currentThread()).getSSLEngine();" it returns
null even for SSL requests. Is this expected? Should I be retrieving
the SSLEngine in some other way?
#2 - since grizzly-sendfile deregisters the request from the main
selector, I'm concerned that the ssl engine will be closed/recycled by
grizzly. This might turn out not to be true, but I can't verify it due
to #1

I have to say that I'm quite surprised about the complexities involved
in implementing SSL with NIO. Oh well :-).

thanks for your help.

cheers,
Igor