dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: grizzly config update

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:44:02 -0500

Salut,

Justin Lee wrote:
> The code is in pretty decent shape. The one unit test I have validates
> at least a basic level of funcionality. It's not too surprising given
> that this was mostly a migration of code from glassfish to grizzly.
> I've refactored the code where I feel confident I'm not going to break
> things and it's cleaned up rather well in places. There are a few
> shortcomings, though, that we'll need to address over time. Most of the
> logic is really centered out http handling and mapping servlet contexts,
> etc. This again, isn't surprising given then history of the code. It
> also makes assumptions about the type of the Adapter used and there
> currently is no way to define the adapter in the configuration file.
> This makes expanding the functionality a tad limited but shouldn't be
> too hard to adapt.

I agree the Adapter concept should be there somewhere, but since it is
not used in v3 (althrough it will eventually).

> Overall the code is bit more convoluted in places than I prefer but it's
> been pretty focused on one task for a while and we'll have to work on
> generalizing things and abstracting out what we can. I had hoped to
> duplicate some of the "pure" grizzly tests using the config approach but
> things like that adapter issue make it a bit less obvious as to how to
> proceed on that front.

Should we work on adding Adapter then?

   That said, we can still build plenty of test
> cases otherwise. A nice small web app deployed under this would be
> interesting. For now, I'm going to focus on glassfish integration. I'm
> going to create a branch in the glassfish tree and begin retooling
> things to work with the new schema. That's probably as an extensive
> stress test as we'll get in the short term so that should help shake out
> more oddities.

Great! Note that I'm dying trying to integrate 1.9.8 will soon release a
new one as GF barf with

> [INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while executing this line:
> java.lang.StackOverflowError

> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while executing this line:
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
> at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
> at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
> at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)

because modules/comet a dependency on http-servlet with scope test. v3
build should not fail but it fail and I'm too lazy to find why ;-) So
removing the depency fixed the build, but I will need to release 1.9.8.
Tomorrow I hope we have GF updated.

A+

- Jeanfrancois