dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: A question about outbound connection cache

From: Minoru Nitta <minoru.nitta_at_jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:38:50 +0900

Hello,

 Could you please check the attached source code ?
(It may be disgraceful, or not be easy to understand...) I tested the
code with Grizzly 1.9.5.

 The result is the attached 'result.txt' file. I ran it on RHEL4 and checked
the socket status by using netstat command. I specified highest watermark
is 2 and maxParallel to the same destination as 1.

 The result shows that there are two connections to each same address
(2 connections to 5063 port and 2 connections to 5064 port), and there
are 4 connections even though I specified highest watermark as 2.

 I suspected inappropriate use of HashMap in OutboundConnectionCacheBlockingImpl,
but I appreciate very much if you can point out my misunderstandings.

Thank you.

Minoru