dev@grizzly.java.net

Meeting Minutes (Sept 19)

From: charlie hunt <charlie.hunt_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:08:49 -0500

Agenda:
1.) Any comments from connection cache tutorial ?

Unfortunately no has had a chance to review the tutorial. A copy of the
tutorial is now posted (in an 'under review' state) at:
https://grizzly.dev.java.net/tutorials/connection-cache/index.html
Anyone who would like to look at it can share their feedback on this
mailing list.

2.) Possibly 'how to get and build Grizzly sources using Meven IDE'
tutorial contribution.

We have a volunteer (Adam) who is in the process of writing a tutorial
on how to get and build the Grizzly source code using Meven IDE. Thanks
Adam!

3.) Grizzly integration with GlassFish ORB, any issues?

Integration is (mostly) complete. Currently working through unit test cases.

4.) Upcoming Grizzly feature enhancement request(s)

Several feature enhancements were discussed, although not thoroughly,
which we believed we would like to see added in the future. Here is a
list of those that were talked about. If anyone has additional
enhancement requests, feel free to share them.
1.) Transport configuration, (as described on dev mailing list).
2.) Monitoring and management of Grizzly, (as was suggested previously
on the dev mailing list).
3.) (Byte) buffer management
4.) The ability to configure Grizzly to compress bytes at write time
and uncompress at read time. Currently there is this ability in the
grizzly-http module. This functionality could potentially be moved to
the grizzly module.

charlie ...

--
Charlie Hunt