dev@grizzly.java.net

Upcoming features for Grizzly? Time to speak!

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:35:12 -0400

Hi,

since this community is constantly growing, I would like to start a
thread about what we should focus on for the next couple of months.

I've got a lot of private requests from all around the world, and I
think anybody interested to contribute would like to know what is
requested. So feel free to add you own requests to the list. I will
publish them, let say in two weeks, on our main site so new users that
wants to becomes committers knows where to start.

Here it is:

+ Improve documentations, which include back to back tutorials, blogs etc.

+ Asynchronous Http client support: We already have the tcp client and
http server side support. Writing a client will requires more works but
at least we already have the http parser available. This features have
been requested several times by the openESB project and JavaFX.

+ Asynchronous Write Queue: That one is probably the more urgent one as
it is clear we are missing that feature.

+ xSocket|Mina support: Those NIO Framework easily allow you to replace
their NIO provider. I'm interested to support both of them for their
easy to use, high level API.

+ Bayeux/cometd: The current implementation is not uptodate with the
latest specs.

+ AsyncRead/Write support in Comet: This feature is already available in
GlassFish v2 (Grizzly 1.0). We just need to ports it.

+ JRuby support: There is some missing features like adding your own
jars to the classpath at startup, jdbc support, etc.

+ Grizzly Web Server: Right now Grizzly is quite simple to configure
programmatically, but I would like to be able to configure it using a
property file or better, with Spring.

I need to dig more in my emails but that's a start :-) Feel free to add
anything!

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois