dev@grizzly.java.net

meeting minutes (August 29)

From: charlie hunt <charlie.hunt_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:37:52 -0500

Sorry for the late posting of meeting minutes.

Meeting Agenda:

1.) Next release number to use, (Jeanfrancois)

    Jeanfrancois would like to do a release of Grizzly since there have
    been many recent changes. And he is proposing to call the new
    release called Grizzly 1.6.0. Those in the meeting agreed with the
    proposal. However, a formal vote on the Project Grizzly dev mailing
    will be done.

    Jeanfrancois took the action item to post the proposal to the
    Project Grizzly dev mailing list.

2.) Handling / Logging of caught exceptions, i.e. ( catch
(IOException e) {} )

    Consensus among those attending is that we should not be blindly
    swallowing exception.

    Jeanfrancois took an action item to file issue at Project Grizzly to
    re-visit the source to ensure we are not blindly swallowing
    exceptions and also provide general guidelines to follow for
    handling exceptions such as the simple example here.

    The topic of internationalization for logging of messages came up
    during this part of the meeting. The consensus was that everyone
    feels internationalization is very important, we will have to wait
    to address in it more detail as the need arises.

3.) Hudson integration

    Alexy has integrated automatically builds of Project Grizzly with
    Hudson which will automatically build Project Grizzly every time
    there is a SVN commit.

4.) Grizzly integration with GlassFish ORB

    No new topics to discuss this week since Harsha had been pulled away
    to work on other higher priority work.

charlie ...

--
Charlie Hunt