wiki@glassfish.java.net

Re: [gfwiki] Re: Owner & Future for Tips and Blogs page _at_ GlassFish.dev.java.net?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:16:27 -0700

Hello Eduardo
The more times I look at your email, the more it looks like a proposal.

Before we go with that, some opinions/thoughts :

    * Anything other than plain wiki is resource intensive and I think
      we dont have such luxury.
    * What content can move to the wiki is another big question, as many
      articles/blogs are older than 6 months (would people read stuff
      from beyond a certain period of time?)
    * Searching function could come from JSPWiki if it can support
      category/subcategory searches, if not then I would readily go for
      embedding Google site search. I dont see any harm with this.
    * Could you ask Abhijit if Senthil will be available for fine tuning
      category/sub-category search for JSPWiki?
    * I am all for folding GlassFish Extras, How-to instructions,
      Samples, Screencasts, and Presentations into one Hub Page for
      Users called (possibly) GlassFish User Resources. Other name
      suggestions are welcome.

regards
Shreedhar