webtier@glassfish.java.net

Re: What is really happening to JSF ?!

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:01:57 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks for your interest in JSF! The only bin JSF is going into is possibly
/usr/local/bin. But seriously, we're working on JSF full steam! If you want
to stay appraised of developments on the the spec, you can follow @jsf_spec
on twitter. This very low-bandwith twitter account postts when there is
something important to say about the spec. A more detailed approach is to
subscribe to the users_at_javaserverfaces-spec-public mailing list. Visit for a
link. You have to join java.net first. You are correct that we re-evaluated
our schedule once again, this time to include more HTML5 capabilities in the
2.2 spec. Here is an excerpt from my mail to the EG on 27 July 2012. [1]
You've no doubt noticed my .signature counting down the days until I deliver
a snapshot of the Public Review Draft (PRD) milestone of the specification to
this list. Well, that counter reached zero on Tuesday, and here is a draft of
the specification, but it's *not* the PRD version. [...] After looking into
1089-PassThroughAttributes and 1111-PassThroughElements, I have come to the
conclusion that HTML5 is almost as important to JSF 2.2 as Ajax was to JSF
2.0. Not quite as important, but still important. I'd like to see what you
all think about adding enough time to the schedule to get
1111-PassThroughElements done correctly for JSF 2.2. I expect another two or
three months should be enough, including time to tighten up the other loose
ends. So, we're not headed for the bin, but we are taking the time to get it
right! Thanks again for your interest, Ed [1]
http://java.net/projects/javaserverfaces-spec-public/lists/users/archive/2012-07/message/24
-- | edward.burns_at_oracle.com | office: +1 407 458 0017 | homepage: |
http://ridingthecrest.com/

--
[Message sent by forum member 'edburns']