webtier@glassfish.java.net

JSF Newbie - Error message - Property X not found on type

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 15:26:20 -0600 (CST)

I am new to JSF and I am having trouble working through my first example.  I
created a ManagedBean and I am trying to view it in a simple page.  However,
NetBean JSP page editer tells me the property is unknown and at runtime, the
page errors with the Property X not found on type message (where X is the
property I referenced).  I am hoping someone can help me with it.

Here is my setup:

JSF 2.1, Tomcat 7, NetBean 7.0.1

Bean-------------

package swjsf.model.bean;
import javax.faces.bean.ManagedBean;
import javax.faces.bean.SessionScoped;
import java.io.Serializable;

@ManagedBean
@SessionScoped
public class User implements Serializable {

  private String pendingUsername;

  public User() {}

  public String getPendingUsername() {
    return pendingUsername;
  }

  public void setPendingUsername(String pendingUsername) {
    this.pendingUsername = pendingUsername;
  }
}

Page----------------

<![CDATA[
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd [1]">
      xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html [3]">
  <h:head>
    <title>Login</title>
  </h:head>
  <h:body>
    <h:form>
      <h:inputText value="#{user.PendingUsername}" />
    </h:form>
  </h:body>

]]>

Error message:

/login.xhtml @10,54 value="#{user.PendingUsername}": Property
'PendingUsername' not found on type swjsf.model.bean.User

According to the JSF debug page, the user object is instantiated in the
session

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
[2] http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
[3] http://java.sun.com/jsf/html

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rss181919']