webtier@glassfish.java.net

Web Tier Newbie - Least Privilege Implementation Question

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 13:58:30 -0600 (CST)

I am new to java web programming and want to understand the best practices
method of implementing Least Privilege concepts when applied to page designer
access.

As I design my 1st app, I foresee a need to have application scope and
session scope objects that are accessible by controllers and models but not
by page designers.  Based on what I have read so far, I have made the
following assumptions.

Assumption 1: My understanding so far is that the only way (outside of a
database) to share objects accross application and session is to use the the
Attributes maps.

Assumption 2: Once an object has been exposed to the Attributes map, it is
automatically available to page markup.

Are the assumptions correct?

What are the best practices for this business need?

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rss181919']